DIY roller derby : changing the color of your skates.




Remember I had skates for my b.day ? Well, the yellow and blue are perfect but the colors of Roller Derby team I joined is pink and black :(

As I don't have funds to buy some Riedell skates, I had to find a way to wear my team's colors from head to toe... Big challenge ? No way.




All you need is : good fabric ( a little bit stretching will fit better), a sewing machine, and rubber band. Put your skate on a large paper to make a pattern and draw the shape. Then add some inches to the front of the shoe ( should look like loooong foot), you have your pattern ! Try to sew on a fabric you don't like to adjust and give a try...

 

The idea came from this here. It's called boot panties.



The rubber band help the boot pantie to stay on the skate but I'm not sure it could work during a competition...




Then I had an idea more simple if you sew not : take a long old black sock and cut under the feet ! Cheap and easy ! I'm gonna try with cool derby socks soon...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...