DIY roller derby : pinstrip your helmet



Do you know pinstriping ? It's an art that my old buddy JC taught me years ago ! It's thin painting for motorcycles and vintage cars and part of Kustom Kulture lifestyle. Believe me when I say it's very hard to practice, your gesture has to be sure and delicate. And you have to use 1 shot paints and kind of brushes specially made for these kind of design.



This is my helmet, ready to be customised with all I need to pinstrip.



The brush. The paint can be removed with "white spirit" so you can imagine how difficult it is to pinstrip thin lines.



front.



back.



Then I add some pink color to match the team's colors.
As I'm not very good at it, I wanted simple design. The result is... correct with me. But as I'm not the kind of patient person, it messed a lot with finger prints on fresh paint so allow 48h before touching the helmet. And I'm gonna make stickers with my name and number that will fit empty spaces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...